At Loveskiing, we were getting fed up of paying over-the-odds for ski trousers that performed averagely. So we figured we’d pop into our local Decathlon and try out their top-of-the-range Wed’ze Maxcarve Women’s Ski Trousers (priced at a mere £89.99). Read on to find out what we made of them…
If you’d rather look at the men’s equivalent of these, check out our brother review HERE!
These trousers certainly look the part: they’re all black – apart from the inside of the braces which are turquoise – and they fit perfectly around the knees before flaring ever so slightly at the bottom to fit over your boots. Importantly, they aren’t at all baggy, without being too tight either.
As with all trousers, we ask ourselves the following key questions:
Are they waterproof and water repellent?
- Yes and yes. And the technology works well…we tested these trousers in pow, wet snow, and rain with impressive results in each condition.
Do the zips work?
- And they look nice with black-taped waterproof seams that ensure your pockets stay dry.
Are they insulated? If so, how warm will they keep me?
- We were seriously impressed by how warm these trousers kept us – our legs were still nice and toasty on a chilly -15 degrees day. They were also seriously soft and, therefore, comfortable. Our only criticism might be that the trousers are too well insulated when skiing in warm temperatures around Easter…That being said, they do have zips on the trouser legs for when you want extra breathability and a cooler airflow!
If I fall over a lot, will any snow get in them?
- They come equipped with a snow skirt that keeps all the fluffy white stuff on the slopes and out of your pants!
Do they come with braces?
- They have fully adjustable braces. The only downside is that these aren’t removable so you’ll always have to have them on.
All in all, we love these trousers. They offer tremendous value for money, they look great, they’re seriously well waterproofed and they keep you warm. What more could you want?
Any questions? Please comment below and we’ll get straight back to you!
For those of you who like to know more about the technical specifications…
60 g/sqm wadding.
10,000mm membrane, 100% taped seams, silicone zips. Snow skirt.
2 sealed, waterproof pockets.
670grams in size 40 (US: S).
Main Component: 100% Polyester. Main Lining: 100% Polyester. Secondary Lining: 100% Polyamide. Wadding: 100% Polyester.