Loveskiing’s La Tania Review
La Tania is a small, family orientated resort that is quiet and relaxing but also provides easy access to Les Trois Vallées; the biggest linked ski area in the world with over 600km of freshly tracked pistes. Skiing in the 3 valleys has something for everyone and you are sure not to get bored. Facilities are excellent. La Tania itself is quieter and cheaper than its neighbours such as Meribel and Courchevel. Night-life is quiet too however there is no reason why you can’t pop up the valley for a bit more buzz in the larger resorts. All in all, La Tania is a good option for cheaper access to the 3 valley resort area.
• Great for families and large parties.
• Cheap access to the 3 valley resort area.
• The picturesque Scandinavian-style chalets set in the woodlands above the village.
• Intimate, friendly resort.
• Former accommodation for the 1992 Albertville Winter Olympics.
• Resort suffers from only one main lift up the mountain.
• Lack of an après-ski, however nightlife is in abundance in neighbouring Méribel.
• Low altitude of 1350m can be a problem during early and late season
• Main run into the village can get very icy.
• Families – the intimacy of the resort gives it a great family feel, offering a safer environment compared to the larger resorts in the 3 valleys.
• Weekenders – Hotel Telemark, offers great short term and long term accommodation
• Those after a quiet, relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of the real world.
• Tree Lovers! Plenty of tree-lined slopes to be found in and around La Tania
• Night Owls- La Tania doesn’t offer a huge variety of bars and clubs, the serious partying is to be down further up the valley.
• Those after fresh powder – La Tania’s low altitude can prove troublesome for those powder monkeys.